Clandeboye Golf Club
County Down Seniors 2020
Due to the ongoing corona virus restrictions and the fact that we don’t know what rules will be in place for our competition on the 3rd & 4th August, we are making some changes.
The competition is normally played as a shotgun on each day, we had already changed that to you booking a tee time for day one and using a shotgun start for day two with the leaders from day one going out together.
The prizes then would normally follow in the clubhouse immediately after.
Since we are not sure what the social distancing rules will be at that stage, we are going to make further changes.
This will allow more persons to participate and should cover us regarding social distancing.
Day one will remain as per your booked tee time.
Day two however is changed from a shotgun start to allocated tee times.
The tee time you use in day one will be replicated on day two.
Should the clubhouse be open, then we would hope you will be able to enjoy the hospitality
of the clubhouse and restaurant.
Prize giving would then follow after the last group has finished their round.
Should the club house remain shut or numbers are limited by law, then prizes will be presented to
individuals as and when we can.
Entry fees remain Members £15
If you have any questions contact us at:
Rules for 2020
- The competition is now open for men, who have reached the age of 50 on or before 3rd August 2020
- All players will play off the Green tees on the Dufferin course and the White tees on the Ava
- The competition will be held over two days 3rd & 4th August 2020 (weather and then virus restrictions permitting)
- A full refund will be given should the club cancel the event
- Competitors must produce their GUI card and be in the appropriate age group on the 3rd August 2020
- Day 1 will be on the Championship course off the Green Tees. Times can be booked online or through the office
- Day 2 will be on the Ava off the White tees using the same tee time as on day 1. Competitors must register at the starter’s office before tee off.
- All cards must be returned and scores entered on the computer
- The trophy and therefore overall winner is the best cumulative gross score
- In the event of a tie for the gross winner, a sudden death playoff will take place over holes 1 and 2 on the Championship course
- Normal rules of golf apply
- Appointed tournament organisers decision on any dispute will be final
- There will be prizes for
- 1st,2nd,3rd best gross
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Stableford age group 50-69
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Stableford age group 70 +
- Best Stableford result day 1 & day 2
- Competitors can only win one prize